By: Bryan Hutchinson
Everyone wants to know how to get more attention for their work, but not everyone is willing to do what it takes. The question you have to ask yourself is a simple one, and yet, it’s profound and can change everything. Are you willing to do what it takes?
If yes, continue. If no, then stop reading now.
I am glad you chose to continue reading.
What follows is some tough love, but if you are serious about getting attention then you’ll want to read this. Not all of what I listed below will apply to you, but if one or two do then you’ll have something tangible to consider and work on – if you choose to.
1 – You Haven’t Admitted You Want Attention
Most people fail to gain attention because they are not willing to admit to themselves that they want it or at one time or
another they did admit it, but
then gave up too soon.
“I’m a writer. That’s what I do. People should read my work because I write and if they don’t read it, I don’t care.”
Those would be famous last words if anyone
read them, but the writers who wrote them
never got enough attention for anyone to read them, much less care. Only when
you admit you truly want it will you be willing to do the work necessary to
2 – You’re Not Willing To Do The Work
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Why We Still Need Our Books in Print - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/IK8rp
- Fiction University: The Sum of the Parts: Writing a Synopsis http://ow.ly/IK8ND
- Writing with Color — Hi, I was trying to write about a character who's... http://ow.ly/IK9Ij
- Why the Best Characters for Your Story are Weirdos http://ow.ly/IK9SE
- Having a Case of Self Pub Remorse? | Behler Blog http://ow.ly/IKa8o
- Five Trade Publishing Predictions for 2015 http://ow.ly/IKaGa
- Spunk On A Stick's Tips: Publishing Hindsight with Loni Townsend http://ow.ly/IKaWQ
No One Is Paying Attention To
You AndHow to Change It | Positive Writer http://ow.ly/IKf8Z
- How to Create Your Google+ Hover Card - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/IKjiB
- How to Combat the Negative Effects of a Sedentary, Overeating Lifestyle http://ow.ly/IKoMT
- The Surprises of Success http://ow.ly/IKp1q "You do know what your dream is. You’re just afraid to admit it."
- Persuasive Writing: The Key to a Stellar Writing Career http://ow.ly/IKpnZ
- A Quick Lesson About Publishers, Imprints, CreateSpace, and Bowker — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/IKpzO
- How to Get Your Book in Front of an International Readership - Marketing Tips For Authors http://ow.ly/IKpTN
- Author, Jody Hedlund: Do Writers REALLY Need to Use Social Media Anymore? http://ow.ly/IKq5r
- Write the Book That Keeps You Awake at Night Scared | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/IKqft
- How To Win Sales And Influence Algorithms | David Gaughran http://ow.ly/IKqpZ
- The 5 Secrets of Choosing the Right Setting for Your Story's Climax - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/IKqPa
- 8 Ways to Use Facebook Video for More Engagement | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/IKrOm
Writability: What Your First 250 is Telling Your Readers http://ow.ly/IKs8A
- What We Talk about When We Talk about Mobile | Digital Book World http://ow.ly/IKsU8
- The 12 Worst Mistakes People Make In Email Subject Lines - Writers Write http://ow.ly/IKtjP
- Southern Writers - Suite T: The Book I Never Wanted to Write http://ow.ly/IKtLa
- How Music Affects the Writing Process - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/IKutw
- Why Most Writing Tips Are Useless (and How to Really Up Your Game) http://ow.ly/IKuRp
- How to build a fictional world - Kate Messner | TED-Ed http://ow.ly/IKvis
- Hollywood L.I.T.: Taking Your Story to the Silver Screen - Publishing Perspectives http://ow.ly/IKvCC