By: K.M. Weiland
Do you write as a hobby? Do you never have worries about how not to stink at writing? Do you belly up to the keyboard just to dip into your brain’s well of dopamine and enjoy the warm fuzzy buzz of creating something you can
read? You have zero ambitions for publication? You’ve burnt at least one of
your journals? Then this post is not for you.
I write for the ambitious scribe who splashes and thrashes to the point of choking in a tsunami of toner, trying to tame that big rogue breaker into smaller waves an actual readership might want to surf with you. Here are three tips on how not to stink at writing.
How Not to Stink at Writing Tip #1: Shun Clichés
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Five Myths About Self-Publishing - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/JrdfN
- Writers’ cliches that make you tear your hair out | Books | The Guardian http://ow.ly/JrdBA
- Grammar Rules: Capitalization | Writing Forward http://ow.ly/JrdG4
- Tension & Pacing in Your Fiction - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/JrdM6
- Show, Don't Tell: Revealing True Emotion In Dialogue - WRITERS HELPING WRITERS™WRITERS HELPING WRITERS™ http://ow.ly/JrdOq
- 25 Things You Should Know About Antagonists « terribleminds: chuck wendig http://ow.ly/JrdQp
- Five Really Good Reasons To Outline Your Novel - before you write a word - Writers Write http://ow.ly/JrdUJ
- Five Ways To Sell More Books On Amazon | Self-Publishing Review http://ow.ly/JrdYV
- How To Send Review Copies of Your Book to Potential Reviewers: Bibliocrunch http://ow.ly/Jrhhz
- 4 Ways to Make Readers Instantly Loathe Your Character Descriptions - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/JrhjS
achinglyhard to write The Great American Novel http://ow.ly/Jrhnm
- The "Chekhov's Gun" Guide to Foreshadowing | Better Novel Project http://ow.ly/Jrhte
- When You Have Editorial Differences | Behler Blog http://ow.ly/JrhWa
- Catherine, Caffeinated | Writer, astronaut, skinny – Catherine Ryan Howard wouldn't mind being any of those things. http://ow.ly/Jri3I
- Should You Sell Your eBook On Amazon? Pros And Cons http://ow.ly/Jri8C
the C in CBA - Books & Such Literary Management
:Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/Jriej
- Every Story of Success Is a Story of Community http://ow.ly/JriiY
- 35 Sites for Promoting Your eBook Deal - Marketing Tips For Authors http://ow.ly/Jrio4
- Author, Jody Hedlund: 5 Point Checklist To Help Writers Get to Know Their Characters Thoroughly http://ow.ly/JriFA
- Platform Building for Authors [30-Minute Video Interview] | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/JriII
- 3 Tips on How Not to Stink at Writing - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/JriMr
Post a Comment