By: H.M. Clarke
I absolutely, positively, hate writing the last page and paragraph of a manuscript.
For me, ending a story is the hardest thing for me to do.
For others, just sitting down to put pen to paper and actually write is the hardest thing. Either from telling themselves that they just don’t have the time or from a fear of what others will think and say about their efforts.
Now I will admit that I did suffer from the second reason. But through age and sheer Australian ‘pig
headedness’, I am now no longer scared about bad opinions
of my work. If it is constructive criticism, I can use it to improve my
writing. And if it is just meanness for meanness sake? I just put it aside and
let the bad karma fairy sort them out later.
The main thing is, if you want to write, then write. It doesn’t matter if it is a recipe, biography, journaling your repressed feelings about the kid who picked on you at school, or writing the epic story that has been sitting inside your head for years. The thing that matters most is that you are WRITING. Every time you put
anything down on paper (or on a keyboard or your phone), is taking you
that one step closer to completing whatever writing goal you had set out to do.
Also, making a point to write something every day will help to form the ‘habit’ of writing.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 27 Best Copywriting Formulas: How to Tell a Captivating Story Online http://ow.ly/HU7aX
- A Publishing Blog for Writers and Book People » Blog Archive » Wouldn’t you love an agent like this one? http://ow.ly/HUdlf
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: How to Sizzle up your Fiction with Compelling Characters Readers Can't Forget http://ow.ly/HUDv1
toRapid List Building - Amy Porterfield http://ow.ly/HWhWj
- Ksenia Anske Books/Blog/How to expand your vocabulary: STEAL IT http://ow.ly/HWkiu
- Writer Unboxed » Types, Archetypes, and the Occasional Human Being http://ow.ly/HWksa
- Misadventures in Wordcraft | Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/HWluM3
- Useful Tools to Help you Write Better - Author Zoo http://ow.ly/HWlFp
- How to Recession-Proof Your Writing Business - The International Freelancer http://ow.ly/HWmTY
- Working With a Cover Designer: Time-Saving Techniques - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/HWnQB
- Fiction University: Real Life Diagnostics: Easing Readers Into Your Story http://ow.ly/HWouL
- Grammar Girl : "Compliment" Versus "Complement" :: Quick and Dirty Tips ™ http://ow.ly/HWoHz
- Free Fall Friday – Why Does Your Story Happen? | Writing and Illustrating http://ow.ly/HWphV
- Stories From The Trenches: Real Writers Sound Off About Making Submissions - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/HWpuI
- Want An Irresistable Character? Try An Antihero. http://ow.ly/HWq6g
- How Do You Handle Negativity from Others? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/HWqzp
- Writing in Someone Else’s World with Robin Covington | Romance University http://ow.ly/HWqXS
- 10 Steps to Express Yourself Better in Writing http://ow.ly/HWrAY
- How to Write Better Stories and Finally Win Out | Write to Done http://ow.ly/HWrOv
- Talents and Skills Thesaurus Entry: Lipreading - WRITERS HELPING WRITERS™WRITERS HELPING WRITERS™ http://ow.ly/HWssK ~
- The Hardest Part Of Writing Is… Writing. | Book Marketing Tools Blog http://ow.ly/HWsCi