By: Jason Kong
Strictly speaking, building an email list is optional. Except if you’re a self-publishing fiction author, it really isn’t.
Whether you’re looking to get more readers, garner more support, or generate more sales, email marketing will help accelerate your progress. Activities such as launching your next book or encouraging positive word-of-mouth for your latest project will see better results too.
While you’ll want to use a list management service such as AWeber or MailChimp, that’s just the first step. Email marketing takes skill, but it’s also useful to understand how the practice works within the context of being a fiction writer.
That’s the purpose of this article. Here are seven insights to improve your email marketing if you’re a storyteller by trade:
only one kind of person you want
Who do you want
up? Readers who already care about your fiction writing. . . signing
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 7 Email Marketing Secrets Every Fiction Writer Should Know by Jason Kong — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/Grsm9
- 3 Ways to Turn Email Subscribers Into Social Fans | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/GrspW
- Failure: Why Taking Risks and Failing Is the Path to Success | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/Grsrv
Lessons for Writing Irresistibly Magnetic Blog Post Headlines
toFace Unafraid the Plans That You've Made - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/Grsyd
- Never Visited a Place? You Can Still Writing About It – Here’s the Secret! | Fiction Notes http://ow.ly/GrsDJ
- Twitter Basics and Best Practices for Writers | The World Remains Mysterious http://ow.ly/GruWX
- Pay to play: the end of free social media marketing? | Media | The Guardian http://ow.ly/GryBg
pantserreally outline a novel? - Venture Galleries http://ow.ly/GryEY
- How to Get 90% of Your Work Done Before Lunch - 99U http://ow.ly/GrASZ
- Writing with Color — Characters of Color and Urban Fantasy Roles http://ow.ly/GrAWz
- Protagonist's Personality http://ow.ly/GrB1p What kind of personality should my protagonist have?
- Can you write scenes that feel the fear? - Venture Galleries http://ow.ly/GrBzR
- 6 ways to create satisfying scene endings - Writers Write http://ow.ly/GrF2z
- How to Write an Amazing Short Story - Writer's Edit http://ow.ly/Gs4xm
- 7 Effective Ways to Grow Your Email List - The Blog Herald | The Blog Herald http://ow.ly/Gs4IF
Effective Call-to-Action Examples |
- The 7 Deadly Don’ts of Email Marketing - GetResponse Blog - Email Marketing Tips http://ow.ly/Gs7Vc
Do I Use a Capture Page? - Live
- Alexandra Sokoloff: Story Elements Checklist for brainstorming index cards http://ow.ly/GsaEJ
BookBubTrends: Family Secrets - BookBub Unbound http://ow.ly/Gskj
- 13 Necessary Steps to Become a Successful Writer This Year - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/GswHe
P.S. I have five more weeks in my post surgery walking boot (12 total), but I discovered yesterday I could ride my recumbent bicycle while wearing the boot. I can't go fast, but I'm not a "
" anyway! At least my calf won't continue to atrophy. I don't think I'll be ready for Run the Bluegrass Half Marathon (might be able to do the 7-miler) on March 28, but I think I'll be ready for the Pig in Cincy on May 3. fastie
This afternoon the Cats play the Cards in Louisville. Perfect time to do a bit of biking while watching the game. GO CATS!
Post a Comment