By: Janice Hardy, @Janice_Hardy
Creating a character is more than choosing a name and physical details. Who they are and how they act plays a much stronger role in how a novel unfolds. There are dozens of ways to develop the inner depths of a character, and one way is by understanding their personality.
Psychologists over the last sixty years have broken personality down into five traits that determine a person's personality, which influences how that person interacts with the world. These traits can be beneficial to determining how your character might interact with your story world.
The Big Five Personality Traits
Openness/Intellect: Levels of curiosity and creativity, imagination and independence, how one responds to new experiences.
How this might work for you:
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Ask Jami: How Many Characters Is “Too Many”? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/D9n5I
- Writer Unboxed » The Secrets to Writing the Best Holiday Stories Ever http://ow.ly/D9shI
- How to Get Traffic to Your Author Website: 30+ Tips for Discouraged Writers | Your Writer Platform http://ow.ly/D9niA
- 27 Best Copywriting Formulas: How to Tell a Captivating Story Online http://ow.ly/D9nvj
- How to Make Your Book Cover Stand Out - Books & Such Literary Management: Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/D9nFn
- Granting Rights in Literary Contracts | Writers In The Storm http://ow.ly/D9nP4
- 15 ways to promote your book with a book trailer http://ow.ly/D9of6
- Quality Not Quantity for Self-Published Writers | Digital Book World http://ow.ly/D9opl
- Author, Jody Hedlund: Planting Minor Characters With Purpose http://ow.ly/D9oA0
- Writer Unboxed » Forget Heroes: Why Heroines Are Important http://ow.ly/D9scm
- How to Qualify For an Author’s Launch Team http://ow.ly/D9oMZ
- Karen Woodward: Protagonist Checklist http://ow.ly/D9p6q
- Bang2Write | A Tale Of 2 Scientists: How Contrast In Characterisation Works http://ow.ly/D9psc
- Five Traits to Help You Create Your Character's Personality http://t.co/Tn3mrArdb1
- How to Write Compelling and Balanced Backstory - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/D9pWE
- Could This ‘Magic’ Trick Rescue Your Story? http://ow.ly/D9qj7
- 6 Common Mistakes That Can Cost Writers A Literary Agency Contract - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/D9qB8
- How Kindle Unlimited Impacts Sales and Income | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/D9rlD
- Fact or Fiction? How Novelists Can Blend Factual Research with Creative Storytelling | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/D9rt8
- Writer Unboxed » Deconstructing Micro-Tension http://ow.ly/D9s6b
- When It Comes to Books — First Impressions Count — Big Time | Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/D9sZv
- Fiction University: Five Traits to Help You Create Your Character's Personality http://ow.ly/D9ta0
- 10 Top Tips for the Best Book Blurb | Self-Publishing Advice http://ow.ly/D9tfv
- Do You Make These Online Marketing Mistakes? by Jason Kong — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/D9vkb