By: Shari Stauch
It’s no secret that video book trailers are here to stay. We’ve worked with clients that have spent upwards of $2,000 on a trailer, and others who’ve only spent a few hundred. At what point (and price point) does a book trailer make sense for your work?
I wasn’t completely convinced about the validity of book trailers to sell books, though I’d seen a few very well produced trailers that had me wavering, mostly live action, expensive productions. And PJ Productions on the WWW team has served the live action market for those authors with the budget to go that route.
So, the conclusion has been, when asked, that trailers are a great option IF the author has the budget for them. They can infuse a website with excitement and action, be shared on YouTube and other social media, etc.
But we thought it’d be great if we also found a satisfactory, realistic option for authors with wee budgets. And that’s when I ran into a GEM of a video producer through a couple authors I met while speaking at the 2013 Florida Writers conference.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 4 Revision Tips: http://ow.ly/zLmmb @MichelleA_Smith
- Fiction University: What My Cat Taught Me About Characterization http://ow.ly/zTejj
- Working with Unexpected Character Questions: Finding Your Character's (or Narrator's) Inner Story http://ow.ly/zTelw
- Structuring the Novel Part 8: The Miracle Finish - Venture Galleries http://ow.ly/zTepW
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Choosing a Self-Publishing Company by Helen Sedwick — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/zTeqO
- StacyEnnis.com » 10 Reasons Running Makes You a Better Writer http://ow.ly/zTesa
- Are authors running out of book titles? | Books | The Guardian http://ow.ly/zTeIK
- Blood-Red Pencil: (Almost) Never Say Never http://ow.ly/zTeKS
- 29 Words That Mean Something Totally Different When You're A Writer http://ow.ly/zTeMK
- How Writing a Synopsis is Like Carving Soap | Holly Robinson http://ow.ly/zTeRx
- Are You Building Your Writer Platform at Gunpoint? | Your Writer Platform http://ow.ly/zTeTd
- Writing Fiction. Improve Your Dialogue With James Scott Bell. Podcast Episode 190 | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/zTeUz
- Fiction University: Real Life Diagnostics: Creating Dread in a Short Story Opening http://ow.ly/zTeZQ
- The Science of Storytelling - Writers Write http://ow.ly/zTf3o
- How Can Authors and Publishers Partner Better on Book Marketing? [Smart Set] | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/zTfeQ
- Karen Woodward: The Structure of a Short Story http://ow.ly/zTfgK
- Cockeyed Caravan: Irony in Dialogue, Part 1: Intentional Irony http://ow.ly/zTfkE
- Turning Your Novel into a Screenplay, Part 1 - Storyfix.com http://ow.ly/zTfmX
- Why writing workshops fail OR quality writing is not subjective | Damien G. Walter http://ow.ly/zTg6z
- Seven Steps To Get Endorsements for Your Book http://ow.ly/zTh99
- How to Give your Characters a Distinctive Attitude | Stavros Halvatzis http://ow.ly/zThd8
- Writer's Edit How to Use Alliteration and Assonance - Writer's Edit http://ow.ly/zThgE
- Are we there yet?: Top 10 Character Flaws That Don't Work For Me http://ow.ly/zThke
- Mythcreants » Costuming Your Characters http://ow.ly/zThsp
- Personality Typing Characters http://ow.ly/zThxh
- 6 Things to Consider When Writing Promotional Copy for Your Book by Karl Bunker — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/zThFT
- LA Times - Young adult market opens up a new world for authors http://ow.ly/zThJa
- The Character Comma http://ow.ly/zThUx Swoons and Wounds: Characters' dreams and fantasies and fears and personal obstructions
- Seth Godin Recommends Books on HugDug - GalleyCat http://ow.ly/zTkDG
- Year End Summary of Writing in Public: Year One | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/zTkHW
- How to Fix the Problem With Content Marketing (Free Training) - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/zTkX6
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: EDITS, EDITORS, EDITING—The Secret Weapon of Every Successful Writer http://ow.ly/zTl2X
- Writer Beware®: The Blog: A Marketing Pitch from Author Solutions http://ow.ly/zTl64
- Playtime with Amazon’s Search Engine and Selling Prompts by Jason Matthews — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/zTl9C
- Using The Audiobook Service ACX | Self-Published Authors Helping Other Authors http://ow.ly/zTlbp
- [Kindle Launch] Behind the Scenes of a 20,000 Download Book Launch http://ow.ly/zTlfh
- Why Should You Go On A Blog Tour? -- An Interview with A. Terry http://ow.ly/zTlk8
- Video Book Trailers: Do They Sell Books? - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/zTCHe
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: Why You Should Ignore Most of the Advice from your Critique Group…but They Can Help You Anyway http://ow.ly/zTHV4
Post a Comment