When someone asks you what your book is about, it can be a very difficult thing to sum up in a line or two.
Even after you’ve finished it, capturing the essence in a way that does it justice can be more frustrating than writing it in the first place. I usually end up rambling like I have no idea what I’m talking about.
Not only would it be very handy in social situations, but also professionally. A clear concise way to tell people about the book in a way that lets them know what it’s about, but also hooks their interest in some way.
So how do you do that?
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Three Ways to Attract and Engage Your Readers - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/zaAL7
- Fiction University: Rhythm of the Words: Voice in Dialog http://ow.ly/zaDs1
- Point of view shifts and head-hopping: always bad? | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/zaD
- Four Steps to Becoming a God(dess) of Literary Elements | Absolute Write http://ow.ly/zaEjg
- Creating The Perfect Predator: Tricks of the Trade from a Forensic Psychologist by Mary Kennedy http://ow.ly/zaEtV
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: What Defines "Traditional" Publishing? What You Don't Know CAN Hurt You. http://ow.ly/zaEIN
- A Newbie's Guide to Publishing: Amazon-Hachette: The Sounds of Silence - A Guest Post by William Ockham http://ow.ly/zaEMC
- 3 Steps to Taking Your Character Further and Deeper With...Anger? | WRITERS HELPING WRITERSWRITERS HELPING WRITERS http://ow.ly/zaEWB
- From the Write Angle: The Difference Between a Hook and an Elevator Pitch http://ow.ly/zaFEP
- Your Book In One Sentence http://ow.ly/zaFIm
- Most Common Writing Mistakes, Pt. 31: One-Dimensional Conflict - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/zaFNW
- Fiction University: Having Trouble Plotting Forward? Try Plotting Backward http://ow.ly/zaFRP
- 15 Questions Authors Should Ask Characters - Writers Write http://ow.ly/zaFWa
- The Top 5 Free Apps that Help You Write Your Novel | Wise Ink's Blog for Indie Authors about Self-Publishing http://ow.ly/zaG8l
- The Backstory Battle - Writers Write http://ow.ly/zaGfk
- 10 Tips for Writing a Book http://ow.ly/zaGiX
- Making Characters Face Their Demons http://ow.ly/zaGmV
- The Goldilocks Approach To Writing Description: Not Too Little, Not Too Much - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/zaGq6
- Martha Alderson aka Plot Whisperer: Cause and Effect Scene by Scene http://ow.ly/zaGuY
- The Keys to Good Science Fiction & Fantasy Storytelling - WritersDigest.com http://ow.ly/zaGzb
- Life, Plot, Story http://ow.ly/zaGBI
- The Kill Zone: Your Brain when Writing http://ow.ly/zaGDK
- 6 Steps to Balance Your Editing: Plot vs. Characters | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/zaGGX
- Pacing in Writing | WordServe Water Cooler http://ow.ly/zaGJX
- 7 Tools to Hook Your Reader http://ow.ly/zaGLZ
- Babbles from Scott Eagan: Don;t Be Afraid To Let Your Characters Talk - Understanding Introspection http://ow.ly/zaHyx
- 5 Basic Literary Devices That Will Deepen Your Fiction - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/zaHCd
- Favorite Stories: Reading vs. Writing | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/zcc1x
- Are There 5 Reasons to Stick With Major Publishers? No, There Are Zero Reasons | Michael Levin http://ow.ly/zccv0
Post a Comment