By: Neil Ostroff
I’m sure if you’re a reader or author you’ve heard about Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited program for ebooks. For a monthly fee a reader can now purchase an unlimited amount of Kindle ebooks for as long as they remain members. I’ve done a bit of research and here’s what I’ve discovered.
Although Amazon Kindle Unlimited does sound ominous to the author, when it comes to royalty payments, it actually does have some pretty fantastic perks.
For one, an author will no longer see that dreaded return unit in their monthly sales reports. Once a book is downloaded and the first 10% is read the author gets a full royalty whether the book is read entirely or returned.
Second, the book is now in the Kindle Owners Lending Library so a reader is much more apt to experiment with an unknown author because it isn’t costing the reader anything to see what the book is about. This program will allow for more experimental stories to be published. Books that a reader may be wary to spend money on can now be read as a part of Kindle Unlimited. Imagine how that frees both writer and reader to experiment outside their comfort zones. This may lead to some pretty amazing discoveries and breakthroughs.
Third, the fund for these books is ever increasing,
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Successful Querying: It’s Not All About The Letter. - Women Writers, Women Books : Women Writers, Women Books http://ow.ly/zujx3
- Writer Unboxed » The Aspiring Writer’s Dictionary http://ow.ly/zujNv
- Fiction University: How I Stay Motivated During the Tough Times http://ow.ly/zukZV
- Ghostwriting FAQs: should you get a ghostwriter, do you want to become one? | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/zulnY
- The 6 Worst Things To Say To Your Literary Agent - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/zultm
- A Writer’s Guide to Stop Panicking and Get the Most from a Critique http://ow.ly/zulyJ
- Take Your Eyes Off The Rearview Mirror | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/zulBr
- Amazon Products Visualization - YASIV http://ow.ly/zumvs
- Facebook for Grownups- Are you Marketing with Social Media? - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/zumDT
- Web Sites - Is Your Website Dead or Just Sleeping? A Vital Six-Point Checklist for Your Site : MarketingProfs Article http://ow.ly/zumJ0
- How to Create the Perfect Social Media Post http://ow.ly/zumO1
- The Ultimate Guide to Twitter for Writers by Frances Caballo — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/zun5d
- Content - Create Compelling Marketing Videos That Educate and Entertain [Infographic] : MarketingProfs Article http://ow.ly/zunii
- The Creative Penn Blog: Helping you write, publish and market your book | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/zunoq
- How to Build a Blog that Has Lasting Impact Upon Its Readers : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/zuntl
- Neil Ostroff: Amazon Kindle Unlimited Is Changing Everything! | Book Marketing Bestsellers http://ow.ly/zunEe
- How can writers handle the changes in publishing? http://ctt.ec/8gN2P+ via @RachelleGardner
- Writers Are Opening Up About Money. That's a Good Thing. http://ow.ly/zuohs
- It’s 2011 All Over Again | The Passive Voice | http://www.thepassivevoice.com/07/2014/its-2011-all-over-again/