By: Roz Morris
This morning I was scratching my head for a post to write, so I asked on Facebook for ideas. Immediately, Vivienne Tuffnell volunteered this great question: ‘How do you keep motivated when your books aren’t flying off the shelves?
Before I could even type a reply, Zelah Meyer had countered with: ‘delusional optimism and a long-term view’!
Which is about what I would say (at least, the second bit).
We’ll assume for the moment that you’ve done everything possible to ensure your books are up to scratch, with appropriate covers, well-honed descriptions and sharp metadata. You know the book’s good. You’re doing all you can, as your promotion budgets and tastes allow. But those sales aren’t stacking up.
How do you take courage?
Build volume . . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Fiction University: Real Life Diagnostics: Turning Infodumps Into Drama http://ow.ly/z5jxd
- Presence on the Page: What It Is, and What It Isn’t | LitReactor http://ow.ly/z5jyZ
- Using Track Changes to Revise an Outline | Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/z5jAl
- Take Your Characters Out to Lunch: 5 Development Exercises | LitReactor http://ow.ly/z5jCl
- When book sales are slow… how to keep motivated | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/z5jEw
- 15 Twitter Facts and Figures for 2014 You Need to Know - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/z5jHm
- Web Sites - Four Ways to Give Your Website That Local Flavor All Over the World : MarketingProfs Article http://ow.ly/z5jJk
- SlideShare on LinkedIn Profiles: This Week in Social Media | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/z5jSv
- 7 Lessons Learned While Content Marketing for an Early-Stage Startup - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/z5jUl
- 5 Key Elements for a Successful Women’s Blog : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/z5jZp
- What Kind of Self-Pub Are You? A Questionnaire and Tips for Maximizing Your Self-Pub Style — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/z5k2e
- The Latest Trends in the Indie Author Market [Smart Set] | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/z5k5I
- All Write - Fiction Advice: Strategic Dialogue http://ow.ly/z5k6M
- Marketing Your Novel Via Contests: Michael Balkind - Marketing Tips For Authors http://ow.ly/z5k8S
- The Craft of Writing – Kobo Writing Life http://ow.ly/z5keo
- Writer Unboxed » Twitter Etiquette 101 http://ow.ly/z5khs
- Createspace vs. Lightning Source For Self-Published Print Books | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/z5kkI
- Freebie Friday: 2014 Smashwords Survey Reveals New Opportunities for Indie Authors! - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/z5kyV
- Southern Writers - Suite T: Determination Writing http://ow.ly/z5kA5
- What Should an Author Expect from an Agent? | Writers In The Storm http://ow.ly/z5kBn
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: 12 Dumb Things Writers do to Sidetrack Our Own Success http://ow.ly/z5kHQ
- Karen Woodward: DIY: Turn Your Manuscript Into A Physical Book http://ow.ly/z5kLA