By: Victoria Greger
Today’s post is meant to celebrate the uniqueness of creative writing as a pastime and a calling. I don’t mean to imply that writing stories is better than doing other things; just that it has its own place and that it’s as worthy a calling as anything else.
Writing can do a lot of awesome things for us. Perhaps there are other hobbies or jobs that you could apply one or two these observations to, but probably not all of them. Some of these I might have mentioned before, but today, specifically, I wanted to gather them in one place under a special heading:
THINGS ONLY A WRITER CAN UNDERSTAND
1. That awful feeling when you realize you hate one of your characters doing a certain thing, or acting a certain way, because it’s something you hate about yourself.
I could list so many negative characters of my characters and how I exhibit them, if hopefully to a lesser extent.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 8 Ways to Beat Writer's Block - A Writer's Journey http://ow.ly/y4Sx7
- Fiction University: 14 Questions to Ask Before You Self Publish http://ow.ly/y4Toy
- Writer Unboxed » Concocting Fiction from Fact: Using Research to Tell Better Stories http://ow.ly/y4TtY
- Description: Choosing the Right Words by Talia Quinn | Romance University http://ow.ly/y4UKQ
- 16 go-to sources for copyright-cleared images | Bad Language http://ow.ly/y4UQp
- A Suitable Pseudonym | Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/y4UV3
- 5 Mistakes You'll Make on the Way to Publishing Success http://ow.ly/y4VoW
- Screenwriting: Turn Turn Turn | LitReactor http://ow.ly/y4VAU
- The History Girls: Writing Historical Fiction for Dyslexic Readers http://ow.ly/y4WdM
- Writing A Publishable Novel: What “Finally Getting It” Really Means - Storyfix.com http://ow.ly/y4Wmy
- A complete guide to minimalist writing — Minimal Student http://ow.ly/y4Wuv
- 12 Things Every Indie Author Needs to Know | Knite Writes http://ow.ly/y4Wzw
- Nina Amir: Can You Describe Your Book Market? | Book Marketing Bestsellers http://ow.ly/y4WDq
- Ask the Agent – Literary Agent Madeleine Milburn Answers Your Questions - Novelicious.com | http://ow.ly/y4WIw
- Finishing the Novel: Daily Task of “Getting it Done” | elissa lauren field http://ow.ly/y4Xdu
- Nailing Your Novel's First Chapter http://ow.ly/y4Xjt
- 11 Questions to Ask Yourself When You Reach the End | Beyond The Margins http://ow.ly/y4Xpo
- Book launch checklist - Kelsye Nelson http://ow.ly/y4XvV
- Novel Revision Strategies: Retyping the Novel Draft | elissa lauren field http://ow.ly/y4XNi
- The Gift of Insecurity - Books & Such Literary Management : Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/y4Ydj
- How to Use Semantic Markup to Improve Your Search Results | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/y4YgA
- Happy Father's Day! A Father-Daughter Self-Publishing Story | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/y4YsJ
- Information About Amazon’s Adult Content Filter » Muse Charmer http://ow.ly/y57Mm
Post a Comment