By: Brian Feinblum
Write Your Next Book With The Media In Mind
Here is what I know and think about making your book more promotable.
The world of book publishing has changed immensely over the past decade --and certainly over the past three years, thanks to Amazon, Apple, tablets, e-books, Borders, and social media.
The role of book publicity has not changed, though the methods have been altered.
PR is needed to give a book a chance at succeeding in an overcrowded marketplace and a noisy media landscape. With more books being published than ever before, and more media outlets around than ever before, there is a lot of competition to get a diluted piece of the pie.
Technology has no doubt impacted many industries, including: publishing, retail, the news media, and even the way books are written. As a result, readers and consumers have been changed as well.
It may seem like everyone:
· Has plastic surgery
· Eats organic food
· Watches TV on a smartphone
· Spends more time tweeting than talking to others
…. but such phenomena show we are a changing and diverse nation.
Not everyone is doing these things I just mentioned but the world certainly is in transition. Writers are changing, too. They are morphing into hybrids - - they are writers and they are promoters.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Fiction University: 4 Tips for Setting Up Your International Amazon Author Central Pages http://ow.ly/yyLm4
- Why Querying for an Agent is a Waste of Time | David Bruns http://ow.ly/yyLnl
- Creating a Business Philosophy | Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/yyLog
- 3 Signs You Need A Stronger Submission Strategy To Reach Your Publishing Goals - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/yyLpD
- New Facebook Column Ads: This Week in Social Media | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/yyLre
- Fiction University: Read On: Do Your Read Like a Reader or a Writer? http://ow.ly/yyLuZ
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven? | Writers In The Storm Blog http://ow.ly/yyLxb
- Authors, leave your literary success up to something other than luck http://ow.ly/yyLzB
- Trust Me, You Need a Good Editor - Rachelle Gardner http://ow.ly/yyLEq
- 8 Insights on How to Optimize Your Social Media Marketing: Study - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/yyLGT
- What You Need to Know About Canada's New Anti-Spam Law - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/yyLLu
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Choosing a Self-Publishing Company by Helen Sedwick — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/yyLMG
- BookMarketingBuzzBlog: Making Your Book More Promotable http://ow.ly/yyLOh
- Writability: Vlog: 5 Writer Problems http://ow.ly/yyLRK
- Consistency - The Fictorians http://ow.ly/yyLWE Consistent writing, consistent finishing, consistent self-education . . .
- 7 Methods for Handling Point-of-View Changes | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/yyM4A
- J.K. Rowling's New Novel Reveals What She Really Thinks of the Publishing Industry And it isn't pretty http://ow.ly/yyM8E
- The Write Type - Multi-Author Musings: Characters Taking Over? Why I say, "Oh, HELL no." http://ow.ly/yyMiH
- Why Authors Need to Talk to Their Readers - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/yyMkk
- How to Create Your First BookTrack by Laurence MacNaughton http://ow.ly/yyMml