By: Rachelle Gardner
When you’re thinking about getting your first book contract, you might be curious about what the editing process will be like. Every publisher has their own process, and they may call each step by a different name. It’s basically three steps, and they’re usually done sequentially, although there is overlap and not every publisher does all three of these steps. The edits might be done by one person, or two or three.
Here’s a general framework.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Is my book paranormal or literary? And which age group is it for? How to categorise your novel http://ow.ly/wJK84
- "4 Resources on How To Optimize Your Website's SEO Using Social Media" - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/wJRmG
- 6 Emotions You Need To Create To Go Viral On Social Media - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/wJRrZ
- Content - Eight Ways to Capture Your Readers' Attention (and Keep Them Coming Back!) : MarketingProfs Article http://ow.ly/wJRxo
- Helpful Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac and Windows | The Get Smart Blog http://ow.ly/wJRI3
- Build Your Blog with Social Media Optimization (SMO) http://ow.ly/wJRNs
- 40 Blog Post Ideas For Novelists, Poets, And Creative Writers - Web Design Relief http://ow.ly/wJRY1
- Tips From a Bestselling Author: Joanna Penn On Marketing - Pen & Muse Press http://ow.ly/wJSnT
- The Editorial Process - Books & Such Literary Management : Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/wJSU7
- It's Time for Writers to Stop Blogging by L.L. Barkat http://ow.ly/wJT01
- How to Stop Facebook Contest Fraud and Deter Prize Hunters | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/wJTaM
- New From Twitter: The Mute Button - AllTwitter http://ow.ly/wLlUJ
- 99% Of Shared Blog Content Is Posted To Facebook And Twitter [STUDY] - AllTwitter http://ow.ly/wLm3a
- Digital first publishing and the troubled fortunes of digital first publishers | Dear Author http://ow.ly/wLvVJ
- Beyond Paper Editing: Do’s and Don’ts for Choosing a Title—Tips, and a Free Tool, Too http://ow.ly/wLB1u