|My daughters and my niece|
I returned home from a ten-day visit in New York City last Tuesday then left again on Friday for an absolutely gorgeous weekend at The Cloisters in Sea Island, Georgia attending my niece’s wedding. Other than posting a few pictures on Facebook, I severed the tether to my computer. Boy, did that feel good!
This week, I have to finish my tax return then get back to work. My critique partner is waiting for new chapters and readers are waiting for the next book in the Celtic Brooch Trilogy.
Other than my granddaughter’s dance recital at the end of the month, I’m digging in until The Sapphire Brooch is finished. If anyone has any tips on how to stay focused when spring knocks at your door, please let me know! After a delightful taste of seventy degree temps, it will be hard to stay inside and work, but at least I won’t have to run in the cold!
I hope everyone has a fantastic week!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets from the end of last week, here they are again:
- 6 Ways To Get More Book Reviews: http://ow.ly/vouGr @bkmkting
- What Struggle Means For Character http://ow.ly/vEk0m
- Publishers Are Warming to Fan Fiction, But Can It Go Mainstream? | Underwire | WIRED http://ow.ly/vEFkD
- London Book Fair 2014: PW Talks with Kobo President Michael Tamblyn http://ow.ly/vEFnT
- Tom Weldon: 'Some say publishing is in trouble. They are completely wrong' | Books | The Observer http://ow.ly/vEFrj
- How to Promote Your Content With Social Media | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/vEFzQ
- Rediscovering Our Love of Reading | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/vEYFE
- Raven Reviews | Why I Will Not Read Your Book http://ow.ly/vF0ML
- Humor and Critique: Don't Go Bonkers Writing Funny Stuff: http://ow.ly/votAO
- Make Me Like Your Protagonist or I’ll Stop Reading | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/vFdTi
- Scripting a Facebook Book Release Party | Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/vFdYX
- A 25 Cent Book in 1950 Would Be .44 Today | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/vFe50
- Writing Fiction: 5 Lessons From Game Of Thrones | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/vFehC
- BookMarketingBuzzBlog: Improve Your Social Media With 11 Resources http://ow.ly/vFen6
- Why Your Bad Facebook Marketing Strategies are Ruining Ad Targeting - Jon Loomer Digital http://ow.ly/vFfO7
- Master the Art of Pinterest ImagesThe Canva Blog http://ow.ly/vFfVa
- Your Book Marketing Plan – Who Should You Be Promoting To? http://ow.ly/vFg1z
- 4 Sure-Fire Steps to Being Authentic on Social Media - Social Media Just for Writers http://ow.ly/vFg5W
- Promote Your Book with Bookmarks | San Francisco Book Review http://ow.ly/vFgen
- 15 Must-Follow Twitter Accounts for Self-Published Writers by Frances Caballo — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/vFgfJ
- Is Honesty the Most Important Trait in a Likable Character? - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/vFgmi
- Complicated Dialogue: Keeping 5 Characters in Line http://ow.ly/vFgqq
- Writability: So You Want to Write YA Paranormal? http://ow.ly/vFgsn
|My brother (father of the bride)|
|My 5 grandchildren|
|Daughters and their families|
|With Ken (the best boyfriend a girl could have!)|