By Jason Kong
You can’t afford to waste your resources.
Finding a readership is a high priority, but your time and personal energy are both in limited supply. You’d like to make every marketing effort count.
This isn’t about knowing the best path (there isn’t one) or having a guarantee something will work (there isn’t any). What you need is to make consistent progress towards having an audience of your own. An approach that keeps nudging you in the right direction.
I’d like to share a few ideas to make your marketing less complicated and overwhelming. It’s a simple framework, designed to highlight some of the more important actions you can take, that increase your chances for success.
Ready? Let’s get started.
Understand the cycle for attention
Marketing can be a singular event, but it’s also the aggregation of activities that’s part of a longer process. This long-view perspective is embodied in the following strategy: . . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Karen Cioffi Writing and Marketing: 4 Basic Website Questions Every Landing Page Must Answer and Answer Quickly http://ow.ly/uZ4Fl
- What Can I Do You For? http://ow.ly/uZy5Z Daily Writing Tip
- Are your email newsletters too long? - The HostBaby Blog http://ow.ly/v0bYA
- How to Keep Your Fiction Marketing Lean and Focused by Jason Kong — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/v0f8g
- 7 essentials for writing a good novel – notes from the Undercover Soundtrack | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/v0fLb
- Fiction University (The Other Side of the Story): What Changes in Your Scenes? http://ow.ly/v0i7Z
- Creating An Editorial Road Map - Nelson Literary Agency http://ow.ly/v0ij9
- Must a Writer Go Hybrid for a Higher Income? | Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/v0ixk
- 5 Tips For Creating A Strong Excerpt From Your Novel Or Memoir - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/v0iNC
- 39 Blogging Tips From the Pros | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/v0j0x
- Even the biggest and smartest publishers still have a lot to learn about digital marketing | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/v0jb8
- The Kill Zone: Sowing Seeds for a Sequel http://ow.ly/v0jpE
- Timeless tips that changed my writing for the better | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/v0jzA
- How to build your email list: email marketing tips for authors http://ow.ly/v0vdg
- RT @leoneldicamillo: What Does the Color of Your Logo Say About Your Business? (Infographic) http://t.co/0t9qrot7j1
- 4 Linkedin features Authors must know to increase book sale | LinkedIn http://ow.ly/v0Kul
- The Official Self-Published Book Marketing Plan - LiveHacked http://ow.ly/v1jeq
- 8 Things You Should Know About BookBub Subscribers - BookBub Unbound http://ow.ly/v1jye
Post a Comment