By: Kimberley Grabas
What’s the point of adding another to the mix?
What are the chances that my blog will stand out from the hordes of others competing for the limited attention of readers?”
Many writers feel this way, but is it a sound argument?
Go ahead and change “blog” to “book” and re-read the above three sentences.
Uh-oh. See what happened there? You’ve just argued yourself out of a career in writing.
So, let’s assume that if you feel your book has a chance of standing out, despite all those that came before, then so does your blog.
To read the rest of the post, click here.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Self-Publishing Debate: A Social Scientist Separates Fact from Fiction | Digital Book World http://ow.ly/rCpHQ
- Pen Names for Different Genres, Yea or Nay? | Lindsay Buroker http://ow.ly/rCAHJ
- How to Handle Brutal Criticism - MFA Writing http://ow.ly/rCAWo
- Are Hardcover Books on Life Support? | Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/rCBdw
- Really Useful Links for Writers: Tropes and Clichés | Writing.ie http://ow.ly/rCBus
- Myth and Creativity: Stepping onto Platform 9 3/4 | The Creativity Post http://ow.ly/rCBM6
- Can Visually Creative Storytellers Change The Way We Think? | The Creativity Post http://ow.ly/rCC1n
- BookMarketingBuzzBlog: Do Authors Make Great Speakers? http://ow.ly/rCCgl
- The Ultimate Challenge For Authors http://ow.ly/rCCIY
- A Literary Agent Can't Replace Hard Work - Marcy Kennedy http://ow.ly/rCCRb
- How to Create a Social Media Strategy By Spying Your Competitors | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/rCDIC
- The 5 Most Persuasive Words in the English Language - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/rCE8B
- Double Negatives to Avoid http://ow.ly/rD1Xb
- 100% of Independent Publishers Who Do This Will Sell More of Their Work http://ow.ly/rD2Op
- The 7-Step Business Plan for Writers by Angela Ackerman http://ow.ly/rD2YD
- What Makes You So Special? The Magic to Selling Books | Kristen Lamb's Blog http://ow.ly/rD3nA
- Getting Maximum "Bang" for Your Book Description Buck: an SEO/ Author's Perspective | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/rD3uS
- To Blog Or Not To Blog: Is It Really Necessary? | Your Writer Platform http://ow.ly/rD3H7
- The Bechdel Test: Is there a Gender Bias In Media? http://ow.ly/rE4BG
- Book Marketing Predictions for 2014 | Penny C. Sansevieri http://ow.ly/rE4Yg
- 4 Ways to Find Readers Who Love Your Work by Sean Platt & Johnny B. Truant http://ow.ly/rE55h
- Understanding Book Distribution Part 4: Print-On-Demand | Book Marketing Strategies and Tips For Authors http://ow.ly/rE5jP
- Report: Facebook Won't Roll Out Its Major Redesign Any Time Soon http://ow.ly/rEdml
- Librarians in the Digital Age: INFOGRAPHIC - GalleyCat http://ow.ly/rEdwZ
- 5 Ways to Deal with People Who Hate What You Write | The Renegade Writer http://ow.ly/rEdZo
- How to Write Effective Tweets | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/rEem2
Happy writing & running (It's way too cold to run. I'm biking inside now!) Kathy