By: Camille Sweeney and Josh Gosfield
Tom Clancy, the insurance agent turned superpower thriller novelist, died yesterday at the age of 66, leaving behind a legacy that includes blockbuster books (over 100 million copies of his books in print), movies, even videos games. Although he didn’t set down a list of writing tips for posterity––or at least, if he did, it’s still stealthily unrevealed––through interviews and lectures Clancy offered advice that can be applied to any style of writing.
Tell the story.
To read the rest of the post, click here.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Blogging: Blogger Blogs & Email Subscriptions | Self-Published Authors Helping Other Authors http://ow.ly/pD3Pc
- No-inventory publishing changes everything for everybody | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/pD3WP
- Most Common Mistakes: Characters Who Lack Solid Story Goals - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/pD3YN
- Novel Rocket: Ten Steps to a Creating a Book Launch Team http://ow.ly/pD46m
- Showing vs. Telling: When Is Telling Okay? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/pD4aJ
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: The Writer's Toolbox #2: More Must-Have Tools for Writers http://ow.ly/pD4fX
- Look Into the Future of Reading Through Young Eyes | Digital Book World http://ow.ly/pD4jQ
- Seeking the Write Life: Self-Editing #6 - Clean Up Crew: Punctuation http://ow.ly/pD4nV
- Amazon Upgrades Whispersync to Offer Seamless Ebook to Audio Book Experience | Digital Book World http://ow.ly/pD4lP
- Inspiration Days: Six Ideas for Writers | YA Muses http://ow.ly/pDDoG
- Tom Clancy’s 5 big rules for writing and life - Salon.com http://ow.ly/pDDuR
- Lousy First Draft http://ow.ly/pDFhT
- Need an Attitude Adjustment? Screenwriting Tips on How to Approach Your Work « nofilmschool http://ow.ly/pDGUh
- If Your Mystery Needs Complexity | Mystery Writing is Murder http://ow.ly/pDGY1
- Are You Writing in the Right Medium For You? | Just Effing Entertain Me http://ow.ly/pDIlN
- 10 Techniques for More Precise Writing http://ow.ly/pDOSK
- VQR » Blog » Is Self-Publishing the Most Important Transformation in the Publishing Industry? http://ow.ly/pEBoF
- The Power of Sacred Time: The Writers Edition http://ow.ly/pEDOu
- 3 Types of Awkward References to Numbers http://ow.ly/pFk6c
- Why unsuccessful writers give the best advice - Salon.com http://ow.ly/pFkfy
- How to Craft Perfect Posts for Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter [SlideShare] http://ow.ly/pFlsI
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Wow! So many great links! Thanks. I'm starting with the No Inventory one! I think it applies to me since I haven't published and am sitting on the fence about trad or self :)
Post a Comment