Today, I have a writing resource to share: Pro Writing Aid. There's a free version that allows you to paste a block of text into the application. Then, you click analyze and get a summary report of overused words, sentence length, grammar, writing style, sticky sentences, cliches, etc.
There's also a premium version you can purchase for $35.00 for a 1-year subscription. The upgrade gives you more options, including an addin for Microsoft Word. It’s well worth the money. There's also a WordPress plugin that brings the power of Pro Writing Aid into that blogging platform.
Here’s a sample of the pronoun report. Scary, huh!
So, what do I do with the report after I recover from the initial shock?
I read the page closely to see if any of the pronouns can be changed. Often a little tweak here or there reduces the number. It does take a while to work through the page, but it makes the writing stronger and tighter.
Try it, you might like it.
Today is a rest day. Happy writing and running, Kathy
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- CreateSpace Community: How to Write an Effective Book Description http://ow.ly/nNOe5
- 5 Favorite Fonts for Interior Book Design — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/nNOhE
- How To Improve Your Writing In Your Sleep…Literally - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/nNOMW
- The Other Side of the Story: Under Development: Ways to Create Characters http://ow.ly/nNOOe
- Stop Sagging Middle Syndrome: 5 Plot Devices That Will Amp Up Your Story - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/nNOQm
- The Rule Book via @storyfix http://ow.ly/nNOSB "Two separate story paths that exist in each tale we tell . . ."
- 4 Ways to Connect with Readers - Rachelle Gardner http://ow.ly/nNOVp
- Connect With More Readers in Just 5 Minutes by Toni Tesori http://ow.ly/nNOXd
- How to Use Facebook Power Editor, a Detailed Guide | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/nNP4v
- Analytics: Three Keys to Building Your Author Platform by Dan Blank of WeGrowMedia.com — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/nNPAu
- 5 Steps to Completing Your First Draft http://ow.ly/nO71L
- CreateSpace Community: Resources: The Author Bio is an Important (and Often Overlooked) Marketing Tool http://ow.ly/nO783
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts PLUS A Little Bit About the Word IT! http://ow.ly/nOcYe
- Judge Considers Limits on Apple’s Future E-Book Deals | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/nOe4P
- Have You Ever Had a Blogging Mentor or Coach? : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/nOe8Y
- Novel Rocket: Facebook Launch Parties ~ by Normandie Fischer http://ow.ly/nOec0
- Author Fun: Random Title Generators | Advice on Writing, Publishing, and Book Promotion http://ow.ly/nOehu
- THE EDITOR DEVIL: Remember to Fact Check Story Details! http://ow.ly/nOemK
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Post a Comment