By Katie Axelson / The Write Practice
Dialogue is one of those tricky things that can make or break your book. When I’m picking out a book in the bookstore, I always skim a passage of dialogue to help me gage if the writer’s good or not and therefore if the book will be worth reading.
In doing this, I’ve found some rumors writers must believe about dialogue. Luckily, there are alternatives that can make your dialogue shine.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Three Rumors About Dialogue http://ow.ly/kS7kS via write_practice
- Book Launch Tips for Authors: http://t.co/V7J7z9vhp3 @jeanoram RT @elizabethscraig
- Access ALL Amazon websites with just ONE link http://ow.ly/kSYdC via @CliveEaton
- 8 Tips for Awesome Dialogue http://ow.ly/kTxkx via @KMWeiland
- Avoid the meat-grinder! Creating a self-published book can be as easy as writing a blog http://ow.ly/kTybO
- How Fear Helps You To Write Better http://ow.ly/kTymQ
- How Are Moms Using Social Media (And Why Does This Matter To Marketers)? [INFOGRAPHIC] http://ow.ly/kTytL
- Clawing Our Way Back To The Creative Center http://ow.ly/kTyFI via Writer Unboxe
- Notes From Tabor Lane: 18 Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/kTx00
- Single Point of Failure http://ow.ly/kU9Ju via @elizabethscraig
- Are eBooks Too Cheap?: Indie Authors Question 99 Cent Price http://ow.ly/kU98A via @Melissa_Foster
- The Bumpy Road to Publication by Margaret Daley http://ow.ly/kUeo9 via Seriously Write
- Capitonyms Are Separate Cases http://ow.ly/kUeEF via Daily Writing Tips
- How To Write Whether You Feel Like it Or Not via @write_practice http://ow.ly/kUMmu
- New Books From Dan Blank and Josh Hanagarne http://ow.ly/kUNSL Social media, marketing & blogging via @jfbookman
- Build the Perfect Author Support System http://ow.ly/kUNy0 via @WhereWritersWin
- WRITING ON THE ETHER: Are Your Books’ Covers Sexist? http://ow.ly/kUeQI by Porter Anderson via @JaneFriedman
- Readers Don’t Owe Authors http://ow.ly/kUOST via @PassiveVoiceBlg
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.