By: Liz Bureman
We’re used to rooting for our protagonists. The easiest way to get an audience behind your character is to give them a moral compass that consistently points toward good. But what happens if your main character’s moral compass points in the opposite direction? Or if they have no moral compass at all?
Welcome to the world of the villain protagonist.
What is a Villain Protagonist?
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- The Flip Side: Writing Villain Protagonists http://ow.ly/k7xYc via @write_practice
- Top 10 Marketing No’s-No’s for Authors http://ow.ly/k7foi via The Editor Devil
- Sex and the Romance Novel #ASMSG http://ow.ly/k7fKR via @diannedharman
- Prepare Your Eyeballs: E-Book Subscriptions Are Coming http://ow.ly/k7g1Z
- Super-Agent Chip MacGregor on the Nitty-Gritty of "Voice" http://ow.ly/k7iFC via Seeking the Write Life
- Why do we write? http://ow.ly/k7jcU via Chip MacGregor @MacGregorLit
- How different is blogging from writing fiction? http://t.co/bB2EsDEDGV via @vgrefer RT @janice_hardy:
- Taking Reviews Personally? Well, Stop. Now. http://ow.ly/k7Tbn via @RachelintheOC
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's 18 Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/k8For
- How Do I Market And Write? There’s Not Enough Time! http://ow.ly/k7U5P via @RachelintheOC
- There Are 12 Types Of Social Media User – Which One Are You? [INFOGRAPHIC] http://ow.ly/k7VNG
- The End is the Whole Book: http://t.co/iz426BKVCY RT @elizabethscraig
- Make Your Character Walk Naked Through Times Square: http://t.co/uLChcN8rzo @NYBookEditors RT @elizabethscraig
- Hugh Howey's 3 Rules For Writing: http://t.co/n3sX4h4CWJ @woodwardkaren RT @elizabethscraig
- 5 common obstacles for finishing and publishing your book: http://t.co/3ug1uBIMsf via @elizabethscraig @fcmalby
- What Downton Abbey Can Teach us About Tension http://t.co/7xy1MNU58I RT @janice_hardy
- Responses to Questions About Capitalization http://ow.ly/kat1f via Daily Writing Tips
- What Would You Do If You Weren't Afraid http://ow.ly/kat9E via @RachelleGardner
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
TWEETABLE:Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Post a Comment