|Broadway & the Hudson River (2011)|
I returned early this morning (two hour flight delay) from eleven days in NYC visiting my grandchildren. I love New York City. The window in front of my writing desk looks out over Broadway and the Hudson River. There is something about being in the city that makes a writer want to write, and I got several hours of writing time in between school drop-offs, pick-ups, and after school appointments.
I'm highly motivated to finish The Last MacKlenna and hope to get that done sooner rather than later.
For the last several weeks, I’ve been nursing hamstring tendonitis in both legs, the result of pushing through a half marathon three weeks after a full marathon. To protect my knees, instead of running the hills in Central Park, I ran on a treadmill. I’ve never enjoyed the treadmill. You run and run and never go anywhere, but I discovered I could read my Kindle and jog, slowly, which is what I needed to do.
I have three books I highly recommend. Each deserves five stars and each one will keep you reading late into the night:
This story is a cross between a legal thriller and Mission Impossible. If you read it while on the treadmill, please be careful.
A thriller, adventure, and science fiction all rolled into one story. Engaging characters and an electrifying pace.
This story might be about aliens in Wyoming, but it's so much more. It’s a story about friendship, loyalty, conviction, and a danger that threatens to destroy it all.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Writing & Marketing Tweets from December 21 http://ow.ly/gjeeu
- The 4 Myths of Facebook Marketing http://ow.ly/gjelY by @JeffBullas
- What Writers Need to Know About Goodreads http://ow.ly/gjeoB Includes links to other helpful posts. Have you joined Goodreads?
- A 3-Step Process for Painless Keyword Research http://ow.ly/gjexs One of the most important types of research & most difficult
- 12 Pinterest Tips from Magazine Pros http://ow.ly/gjeFs
- Facebook To Let Strangers, Brands Send You Paid Messages http://ow.ly/gjeJA
- How to become a Successful Writer: Seth Godin http://ow.ly/gjeNJ "Work that touches another is something that makes us feel more alive"
- 20 Synonyms for “Law,” “Order,” or “Rule” http://ow.ly/gjxlP
- Six Ways In Which Twitter Eclipses Facebook - AllTwitter http://t.co/iLQJEkDJ So how should authors use Facebook? RT @evelyn_puerto:
- 24 Must-Have Social Media Marketing Tools http://ow.ly/gjxpP
- If you hate writing a character… don't write them: http://t.co/kvLJFGm7 @dirtywhitecandy RT @elizabethscraig
- The 3 Step Guide to Creating Pinterest-friendly Graphics for Your Blog http://ow.ly/gjDB8 via @problogger
- Man Writing Romance: A Christmas Story http://ow.ly/gjDEY We’ve all felt far from home, cold, and wishing for good news @DaveThomeWriter
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy